At Insight Medical Imaging, there are many different career paths to take. Our team consists of a wide range of professionals who meet the needs of patients and referring doctors. This includes Medical Sonographers, X-ray Technologists, MRI Technologists, Nuclear Medicine Technologists, Medical Receptionists, Information Technology Specialists, Administrative and Billing Representatives, and more. We are always looking for great new people to join our team. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
IT Systems Specialist
Working as part of a team, the IT Systems Specialist will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s infrastructure – from break/fix to continual system upgrades – with a goal towards continuous improvement of the technology and its use within the organization. Will serve as an escalation point for Helpdesk and other team members, with responsibility for resolving all technical issues raised by staff, customers/partners, and monitoring systems.
This position will work Monday to Friday with some after-hours work and rotating on-call coverage.
Major Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Anything that plugs into a wall/runs on battery may need your expertise, from run of the mill PC hardware to environmental monitoring devices, surveillance systems, electronic display signage, and much more.
- Raising challenging issues to vendor support, escalating as needed, ensuring timely resolution to complex problems.
- network gear (primarily Palo Alto and Aruba), Linux servers, Windows servers
- Developing & maintaining optimized deployment solutions for workstations and laptops.
- Writing scripts (primarily PowerShell and bash) for IT alerts and systems management.
- Deploying and maintaining Office 365, including AFS, Azure components, and various integrations to meeting changing business needs.
- Managing a company-wide VOIP phone system, including call center and faxing.
- Working with staff to identify and understand business processes, with a goal of continual improvement and optimization, including the deployment of new technologies.
- Creating/reviewing/updating business cases, test plans, root cause analysis, and other such documentation.
- Developing integrations with external systems; assisting developers with same.
- Developing and executing business continuity processes.
- Periodic review and creation of policies and procedures.
- Identify recurring issues and executing solutions.
- Assist team members with handling Moves/Adds/Changes of users and equipment (desktops, laptops, phones, printers, scanners, medical equipment).
- Asset procurement / inventory / budgeting.
- Creation of documentation and help guides, including instructional videos.
- Supporting industry-specific and custom-built applications.
- Participating in a rotating on-call schedule (one-week rotation).
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Advanced understanding of computer troubleshooting.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of server and network technology.
- Experience with multiple data center environments and business continuity strategies/technologies.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Exhibit above average reasoning ability by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies/tools/processes.
- Familiarity with HL7, PACS, and RIS (Radiology Information System) is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and PowerShell administration.
- Experience with any of the following would be beneficial: Iguana Interface Engine, Xmedius Fax, VOIP (Avaya), call centers (Touchpoint), Office 365 architecture and management, SharePoint, Dynamics, Wi-Fi (Aruba, Airwave), Clearpass NAC, encryption, Linux, MS SQL, VMWare/virtualization, surveillance systems, Palo Alto firewalls, Traps endpoint security, scripting, programming, and MDM.
- Ability to do afterhours work, both on a planned and unplanned basis.
- Maintain information privacy and system security while fulfilling duties.
- Able to lift and move up to 50lbs.
- 5 years previous experience in a medium to large business IT environment and post secondary training in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or technical training/certifications.
- Reliable vehicle and valid drivers license.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 24, 2019
Insight Medical Imaging is a radiologist owned top radiology practice based in Edmonton, Alberta. We have a blended clinic and hospital-based practice with 28 radiologist partners and associates. Our modern multi-modality clinics are located throughout the Capital region and offer all modalities (two 1.5T MRIs, one 64-slice CT, echocardiography, vascular ultrasound, nuclear medicine, pain management and women’s imaging).
Applications from highly motivated and skilled senior radiology residents, fellows and practicing radiologists are always welcome. Applicants with Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC) designation and planning to pursue or already certified in subspecialty training including musculoskeletal imaging, body imaging, women’s imaging and pain management are preferred and invited to apply with a cover letter and CV.
Compensation is very attractive and commensurate with our busy practice. Hospital on-call coverage is infrequent and shared equitably. Interested applicants should apply in confidence to Dr. Kamal Sahi (email@example.com).
We are a high-performance workplace with over 350 team members. We believe in fair reimbursement and offer generous salaries, pension plans, and comprehensive benefits packages for all full-time and part-time employees. In addition to this, we provide:
- Flexible schedules and hours of work
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Locations across Edmonton and area
- Career development opportunities
- On-site radiologists
- Team spirit and FUN!
We have 17 easily accessible locations throughout Edmonton, surrounding area, and Fort McMurray.