At Insight Medical Imaging, there are many different career paths to take. Our team consists of a wide range of professionals who meet the needs of patients and referring doctors. This includes Medical Sonographers, X-ray Technologists, MRI Technologists, Nuclear Medicine Technologists, Medical Receptionists, Information Technology Specialists, Administrative and Billing Representatives, and more. We are always looking for great new people to join our team. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MRT/CLXT – Fort McMurray Location
Provide high-quality radiological examinations, with minimal supervision and or direction. Provide safe and efficient radiological services with minimal patient discomfort.
Major Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Prepares and performs a variety of standardized and/or complex procedures as set forth by the Radiologists and our referring Physicians.
- Responsible for the operation and basic maintenance of all equipment.
- DI Equipment: Must have a working knowledge of all equipment and ensure all units are functioning correctly.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and the general care and cleanliness of the radiographic area, with particular attention to radiation safety and infection control.
- Knowledge of computer systems and all DI office duties.
- Instructs patients on examination requested.
- Assist in the training of new staff and students, as requested by DI supervisor. Attention to procedures and department orientation.
- Maintains quality control in performance of all procedures.
- Willing to assist Radiologist or fellow staff members.
- Replenish inventory supplies in rooms.
- Responsible for general patient care and safety.
- Notify supervisor of inadequate inventory, equipment problems or any problems encountered during your shift.
- Must maintain the utmost in professional confidence of patient information and/or results.
- Willingness to cross-train in BD, Mammography and ECG’s.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Committed to excellence in patient care, quality control and adherence to diagnostic imaging standards.
- Handle difficult situations in a sensitive and proactive manner.
- Ability to perform and think clearly in high stressful or emotional situations.
- Always maintains a professional attitude when dealing with patients and co-workers.
- Clinical competency in medical radiography.
- Comprehensive knowledge of diagnostic imaging procedures and practices.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Provide team support as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Organize and prioritize assigned work to accommodate work demands.
- Ability to multi-task” and work independently.
- Motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Report to work on time, dependable and cooperative.
- MRT(R)/CLXT designation in good standing CAMRT/ACMDT/ACCLXT.
- CPR Standard First aid certificate is an asset.
- Mammo would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Insight Medical Imaging is a radiologist owned top radiology practice based in Edmonton, Alberta. We have a blended clinic and hospital-based practice with 28 radiologist partners and associates. Our modern multi-modality clinics are located throughout the Capital region and offer all modalities (two 1.5T MRIs, one 64-slice CT, echocardiography, vascular ultrasound, nuclear medicine, pain management and women’s imaging).
Applications from highly motivated and skilled senior radiology residents, fellows and practicing radiologists are always welcome. Applicants with Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC) designation and planning to pursue or already certified in subspecialty training including musculoskeletal imaging, body imaging, women’s imaging and pain management are preferred and invited to apply with a cover letter and CV.
Compensation is very attractive and commensurate with our busy practice. Hospital on-call coverage is infrequent and shared equitably. Interested applicants should apply in confidence to Dr. Kamal Sahi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are a high-performance workplace with over 350 team members. We believe in fair reimbursement and offer generous salaries, pension plans, and comprehensive benefits packages for all full-time and part-time employees. In addition to this, we provide:
- Flexible schedules and hours of work
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Locations across Edmonton and area
- Career development opportunities
- On-site radiologists
- Team spirit and FUN!
We have 17 easily accessible locations throughout Edmonton, surrounding area, and Fort McMurray.