Life at Insight Medical Imaging
At Insight Medical Imaging, we’re dedicated to maximizing the potential of our greatest asset: our employees. We believe there is a direct relationship between employee satisfaction and providing the highest levels of patient care.
That’s why we do our very best to support our employees, from providing extensive training and educational opportunities, to encouraging healthy lifestyles and flexible hours. As pioneers in our industry since 1942, we understand that investing in our employees is key to growing our business and improving the patient experience.
We are always looking for people who want to make an impact in our communities, in our clinics, and as part of our teams.
Total Rewards at Insight
Imaging Technologists and Medical Receptionists
We get it. You’re looking for a career with professional development opportunities, the potential to make a difference in your community, and a comfortable work environment where you can feel at home. You can have it all, and more, at Insight Medical Imaging.
We employ a variety of imaging technologists and medical receptionists who blend a love for compassionate patient care with an ambitious drive for continuous education. Our company provides a world of flexibility and opportunity through numerous clinic locations and the ability to learn from our radiologists, who have fellowships from prestigious imaging programs such as UCLA, Stanford, Dartmouth, Mallinckrodt, and the University of Texas.
Insight Medical Imaging is a radiologist-owned and operated practice. We’re not only a diagnostic imaging provider for Albertans, we’re also a talent destination for the best and brightest in the industry.
We have a blended clinic and hospital-based practice with 27 radiologist partners and associates. Our multi-modality clinics are located throughout the capital region and offer access to 1.5T MRI, 64-slice CT, echocardiography, vascular ultrasound, nuclear medicine, pain management, and women’s imaging.
All of our radiologists are registered members with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and we encourage all of our partners and associates to continue their medical education through subspecialty training in modalities of interest.
Our administrative team supports our talented, conscientious professionals, and empowering them to make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
We leverage intelligent minds passionate about management, human resources, information technology, finance, marketing, communication, and much more to make Insight Medical Imaging a consistent and reliable diagnostic imaging provider for our communities.
We are a high-performance workplace, with over 350 team members thriving on passion, enthusiasm, innovation, and meticulous attention to detail. Discover the fulfilling career advancements awaiting you today.
Life at Insight
“I have had the good fortune or working with some excellent technologists over the years in several hospitals and clinics. Without a doubt, the best crew I’ve ever worked with are those at Insight Medical Imaging – their skill, professionalism, and can-do attitude are second to none."
-Dr. Torbiak, Radiologist
“Moving across the country is a big step, but Insight really tries to ease the transition by hosting tons of events for staff that give you the chance to socialize and have some fun with your coworkers outside of the clinic. The Christmas Party and golf tournament are two of my favourites, and my son absolutely loved the Halloween Party at Galaxyland.”
-Sara Melville, Sonographer
“I found the people at Insight have a wonderful team dynamic. I have never felt isolated from other imaging modalities or co-workers at Insight. The radiologists I present my findings to are welcoming and also enjoy teaching you about why they need certain images. The line of communication is always open at Insight.”
-Christina Crotty, NAIT Practicum Student
“I started working for Insight as a technologist in 2005. Now as the Ultrasound Manager, I support the technologists in their day to day schedule, dealing with patients, and professional development. Being a busy mom of 3 boys, I appreciate the terrific work/life balance at Insight."
-Roxanne Sweeney, Manager
“Working with Insight has allowed me excellent work/life balance. There are many opportunities to learn and grow, participate in social activities, and network with a variety of healthcare professionals. The best thing about Insight is the people who work there - they are like family."
-Alex Liew, Receptionist
Major Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Greeting and screening of all patients, employees, and contract workers
- Provide temperature checks and provide patients with masks as needed.
- Collection of Staff Screening Questionnaires - submit questionnaires to Site Lead at the end of the day
- Ensure contract workers, students, and visitors complete the Screening Questionnaire
- Adhere to all Insight IPC (Infection Prevention Control) protocols
- Ensure compliance of IPC protocols in the waiting areas and provide reminders to patients not complying
- Maintain adequate triage station inventory
- Constant communication with all clinic staff
- Must maintain the utmost in professional confidence of patient information and/or results
- Ensure waiting room high touch surfaces are cleaned hourly, or as needed
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Site Lead or Reception Manager
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Proven ability to handle difficult patients/customers
- Ability to work as a team member or independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/high-stress environment
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent communication and pleasant interpersonal skills
- Personal skills which include attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with patients in a tactful and courteous manner
- Willingness to adapt to new policies and procedures
- Knowledge of office routines, schedules, and protocol
- Grade 12 graduate
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology is an asset
- 2 years of customer facing roles with a preference given to those who have worked in the healthcare industry
Applications from highly motivated and skilled senior radiology residents, fellows, and practicing radiologists are always welcome.
Applicants with Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC) designation and planning to pursue or already certified in subspecialty training including musculoskeletal imaging, body imaging, women’s imaging, nuclear medicine, and pain management are preferred and invited to apply with a cover letter and CV.
Compensation is very attractive and commensurate with our busy practice.
Hospital on-call coverage is infrequent and shared equitably.
- FRCPC designation
- Subspecialty training: musculoskeletal imaging, nuclear medicine, body imaging, women’s imaging, or pain management